Why choose Curiosity Zone Science for Summer Camp?
We’ve been excited to see the explosion in science and tech programs over the last several years, but often scratch our heads at programs promising multiple themes to multiple age groups, often in multiple temporary locations. That’s just not us. Here’s what we offer:
- Experience you can trust: We have been a leading provider of science enrichment for young kids in Northern Virginia since 2005. We’ve worked with the Smithsonian, the Maryland Science Center and WJLA TV, and have had more than 130,000 curious kids through our programs.
- An inspiring kid-sized lab: We teach science in a colorful, inspiring science lab built just for kids. Think beakers, test tubes, microscopes, black lights, amazing critters, plasma balls, magnet walls, a glowing shadow wall and, of course, little white lab coats. Having our own facility allows us to offer lots more science than if we had to carry everything around in bins.
- Friendly, personal service: We are a local company, committed to providing the highest level of service to our community. If something is not right, we will work hard to make it right, every time.
- A nurturing, supportive environment: Our camps are small, truly hands-on and lead by trusted, experienced teachers. We use our own proven curriculum, developed by scientists and educators and refined over a decade to maximize learning and fun. You might say, we’ve got inspiring kids down to a science!
- Special emphasis on younger scientists: Our specialty is inspiring kids ages 10 and younger, and we’ve gotten pretty good at it.
- Recognition for excellence: We’re recognized for excellence year after year by both parents and the media.
- Camps for ages 4-10.
- Camps are divided into smaller groups based on age groups.
- For example, ages 4-6, ages 7-10, etc
- Camps meet daily for one week. details of a typical day
- $25 Enrollment Fee per Summer per Family.
- Full Day Camps for $369
- 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Ages 6-10 only. Your child MUST be 6 or older at the time of camp.
- Full Day Camp includes: Half Day Camp activities PLUS outdoor playtime and field trips to parks, museums, indoor game centers and more.
- Half Day Camp for $249
- 9:30 AM – 12PM OR
- 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM Option
- Ages 4-10. Your child MUST be 4 or older at the time of the camp.
- We also offer Extended Care options.
Bureau Of Undercover Kids
|Inspire a summer full of science & spy play! Our best-selling spy camp is back, with great new mysteries. Kids enter our spy training program and solve daily mysteries using disguises, secret codes, spy gadgets, booby traps, disappearing ink, fingerprint analysis, forensic testing, secret compartments, spy cameras, voice scramblers and more! Camp ends with spy graduation and certification.|
Educational value: chemistry, physics, engineering, biology, forensics, creative thinking, problem solving and teamwork.
|June 12 – June 16|
|July 17 – July 21|
|Want to be a veterinarian someday? Visit the Curiosity Zone animal hospital! Learn what veterinarians do, the tools and instruments they use, and the kinds of animals they take care of. View x-rays, take apart body models, and view slides under a microscope. Learn how to tell whether an animal is sick, and what to do if you find an injured animal. We will even have visits from real animals. Camp ends with graduation as an animal caregiver!|
Educational value: chemistry, physics, biology, zoology, engineering, technology, problem solving and teamwork.
|June 19 – June 23|
|July 24 – July 28|
|Aug 21- Aug 25|
LEGO Adventure: Mummies, Treasures & the Mystery of the Ancient Pharoahs
|We’ve discovered a mysterious treasure map and need the help of kid explorers to solve the mystery of the ancient pharaohs! Using Legos to experiment, imagine and explore, we will discover the Great Pyramids, ancient tombs, secret treasures, mummies, pharaohs, hieroglyphics, sundials, archaeological digs, temples, Nile creatures, the desert, and lots more! Camp ends with a celebration as we find the hidden treasure!|
Educational value: creative thinking, design, teamwork, life science, archaeology, chemistry, physics, earth science, astronomy, engineering and math.
|June 26 – June 30|
|July 31 – Aug 4|
|Inspire your children to be paleontologists this summer! If your children love dinosaurs or nature adventures, this camp is for them. Our adventurers will enter a time machine and go back to a lost island of dinosaurs, where they will spend the week searching for clues to the buried dinosaur treasure. Along the way they’ll learn about dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes, study real dinosaur bones (and poop!), learn where to hunt for fossils, create fossil models, build forts and shelters, make seashell gadgets, compete in games and races and so much more.|
Educational value: paleontology, geology, physics, life sciences, chemistry, creative thinking, design, invention, problem-solving, and teamwork.
|July 3 – July 7 (prorated – Closed on July 4)|
|Aug 7 – Aug 11|
Jr. Inventors/Jr. Entrepreneurs
|Start a pretend (or real!) business this summer while learning how scientists create toys, bath products, pet treats and yummy food products. This camp will emphasize creativity and “playing store” for younger campers and business concepts for older campers.|
Inventors (ages 4-6) Make your own toy, bath, pet and food products, name them, package them and play store! We will also learn a skit and “jingle” for the grand opening of our store on graduation day!
Entrepreneurs (ages 6-10) Work in teams to invent a product and start your own business. Create a name/tagline, logo, business cards, fliers and signs. Design packaging and produce product samples. Write and act out a commercial. Design and build your own storefront, then sell your product on graduation day! Sign up w/ friends to start a neighborhood company
Educational value: creative thinking, design, teamwork, chemistry, physics, math, economics.
|July 10 – July 14|
|Aug 14 – Aug 18|