We offer Fieldtrips and Events at our Lab in Ashburn or we can bring our programs to your location (a Pop-up Lab)
Field Trips to our facility:
- Bring your group to our well-equipped kid-sized science lab.
- Think hands-on science activities complete with white lab coats, beakers, test tubes, microscopes, a “glow cave,” a shadow wall, a robotic dog, an optical illusion mirror and so much more!
- Events are 60-90 minutes.
- For a longer outing, consider combining a visit to our lab with a visit to the Broadlands Nature Center or Trailside Park — both are right up the street.
- Maximum group sizes are 24 for preschool groups, 30 for K-5th grade.
A Pop Up Lab at your facility:
What are Pop-Up Labs?
- Pop-up labs bring our award-winning, hands-on science center experience to your school, facility or fundraiser.
- We provide the equipment, expertise, planning, setup, and cleanup; you provide the curious kids!
- We offer labs for small groups or large; one class or an entire grade; SOL-focused or open-ended play.
- Simply review and select from our Lab Menu and we’ll serve up the STEM experience that’s right for your group.
- Have a particular SOL or theme in mind? Our team can serve up a narrowed list of options to simplify your choices.
How Does it Work? Our labs typically run for one hour: we lead with an exciting science demonstration and introduce the hands-on stations (10 mins), then lead the students through the stations (45 minutes), then regroup for a recap (5 mins).
We’ve done programs for groups large and small, including the Air & Space Museum, Smithsonian Discovery Theater, churches, preschools and corporate events. We would love to work with your group too!
Get more Info!
How can we help you? Please tell us a bit more about what you are looking for and we will get back to you right away: